Golf guidelines during COVID-19
When COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted, and it is safe for us to return to indulging our love of travel and golf, Golf & Tours will be doing so in an organised and responsible manner. Our enthusiasm for travelling and playing golf has not wavered during this enforced hiatus. If anything, our passion has grown stronger.
Whilst we can’t yet circle a date in the diary when we can recommence our tours, we have put in place guidelines for safe play once we can. It is likely to expect that these guidelines will remain in place for some time, even after the easing of any COVID-19 lockdown or travel restrictions.
There is no upside to a global pandemic, but at least golf is a sport that can comfortably accommodate social distancing measures.
How will Golf & Tours keep our clients safe?
- If you are unwell, you will need to stay home and if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 please call the National Coronavirus hotline in your capital city
- All golfers will be required to advise us if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 or have been tested for COVID-19 at any time within the previous 14 days
- Before departing on a Golf & Tours trip, wash your golf towel and pack hand sanitiser in your golf bag
- Also, wash your golf clubs, including the grips
- Each Tour Host will carry disinfectant wipes and hand sanitiser on them at all times
- Daily Golf Briefings will be transmitted via electronic communication eg Text message or WhatsApp group chat
- Keeping a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and everyone will be required at all times
- Only one person will be allowed per golf cart
- We will be encouraging our golfers to walk the courses with your own pull buggy, where possible
- On all courses you will play in twosomes
- There will be no need to touch the flagstick and we will treat all bunkers as GUR
- Consider wearing a glove on each hand
- Players will be able to enter their own scores on their scorecard (it won’t be necessary for a marker to do it)
- We will give our guests the option of bringing their own vehicle and self driving on all of our tours
- The practice of good personal hygiene including frequent hand washing with soap or hand sanitising throughout the trip, especially before and after you eat and after you touch anything will be encouraged
- We will be asking all golfers to limit the spread of germs by not touching your face, covering your mouth while coughing or sneezing with a clean tissue or your elbow, and putting used tissues straight into the bin
- All payments will be cashless transactions
- At this time, we will be asking our golfers to not shake hands or kiss at the end of a round – consider an elbow bump or foot tap instead
- There will be no presentations at the conclusion of competitions
- And sadly (so sadly)…. for the time being, we will skip the 19th hole (our favourite hole!)